Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 bowls
Happy Easter everyone! Hope you are all staying safe and well with your loved ones. Don’t you just love the golden vibrant colour of this porridge? Carrots are packed with Vitamin A, beta-carotene and antioxidants – Full of goodness for your hair, skin and health!. This porridge is creamy, satisfying and packed with your favourite carrot cake flavour with a kick of ginger. Now you can enjoy this nourishing carrot cake for breakfast that keeps you going through the day!
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 packed cup grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups non-dairy milk of choice (more if using protein powder)
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root or ½ tbsp ground ginger
- 1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 scoops PURE
- Pop everything except protein powder and Collagen Booster into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook until the oats reach your desired consistency. Add a little extra milk to thin the porridge out if needed.
- Turn the heat off and stir in protein powder (if using).
- Serve the porridge piping hot with a sprinkle of extra cinnamon and toppings of your choice. (Pictured: banana, flaxseeds, coconut nut bar, turmeric granola, chocolate, freeze-dried blackcurrants).